Meet with our Guide at the archaeological excavations of Pompeii: a local archaeologist born and raised here in the modern community surrounding this UNESCO World Heritage site.
Our expert will reveal the many mysteries of everyday life during the final days of Pompeii, highlighting not only the architectural details of the ruins, but also the social structure and everyday life of those who populated this once-vibrant city.
Once the tour is complete, a private car and driver will take you to an ancient, carefully restored winery on the outskirts of Pompeii’s ruins. The proprietor and his family have planted vines that thrived during Pompeiian times, proudly starting the cultivation of an entirely indigenous grapevine. The wine they produce is stored in terracotta jars in just the same way the ancient Romans did. One of the members of the family will lead you on a tour through the property, explaining the essentials of viticulture and ending with a visit to their cellar to learn the techniques of wine production and to savour a local aperitif. Enjoy a delicious, typically local luncheon under the villa’s beautiful grapevine-covered porch.
- Adults and children
- Passionate about archaeology
- Curious of the past days natural disasters
- Wine lovers and curious of the past days farming techniques
Why choose it:
- You seek a complete and immersive experience with an archaeologist
- You wish to taste wine made and seasoned with ancient Romans’ techniques
- You love ancient Romans’ history
Price per person
- Guided Tour of Pompeii with a private local guide
- Entrance Fee to the Archaeological area
- Winery visit
- Luncheon at the Winery
- Private car transfers
- Foraday Assistance
- Very comfortable shoes and clothing
- Hat and camera
- An umbrella (especially for the sun; there’s no shadow in Pompeii)
- Small backpack
Born and grew in Pompeii, I first became an archaeologist to study every fragment of Pompeii and then a guide to make you relive the past days of this city, with a wider and technical vision.