Your guide is an expert geologist who will lead you through canyons, around ravines, pinnacles and other bizarre geological formations formed over the millennia as you learn about the volcanic origins of Ischia and the many benefits of its geothermal waters.
Along the hike, look for and collect aromatic wild herbs which will be used in the preparation of your lunch.
Have you ever thought about cooking using the heat of a Volcano? On Ischia it’s possible and we show you how!
Ischia was formed by — and is home to – a vast volcanic complex, evidenced by many fumaroles, hotsprings and vents, of which 13 are still active. Alongside one of those active vents, use the herbs you have foraged to spice and marinate the food, carefully wrap and then bury your meal in the hot soil, so it cooks geothermally.
Enjoy a dip in the sea while the earth slow-cooks your meal. Come ashore and regroup when lunch is ready, this feast infused and enriched by this island’s most unique flavors.
- Adults and children from 5 years old
- Those who love nature
- Cooking buffs looking for new flavours and to improve their cooking techniques
- Trekking lovers
Why choose it:
- You want to experience a new technique of cooking in an unusual and eco-friendly way
- You are looking for new scents and spices and want to learn how to involve them in cooking
- You want to learn how to cook taking advantage of the natural volcanic energy
Price per person
- Ingredients to cook a light lunch
- Sunbed and beach umbrella
- Transfer by boat
- Foraday Assistance
- Rubber-soled shoes
- Comfortable clothing
- Beach towel
The interaction between plants and animals, the adaptation and evolutions of the species are an invisible language which fascinated me so much since I was a child that I learnt to speak it.