(From 520 up to 789 m.a.s.l.) Through the ancient path, we will reach slowly the summit.
During every stop, you will have the chance to learn in details about the mountain, the rocks it is made of and the endemic flora.
Mount Epomeo represents Ischia’s hearth and origins too: it generated the most of the island.
Through rocks and graphs, you will discover how the mountain arose from the sea thanks to the volcanic activity.
From Mount Epomeo peak the view is breathtaking: with good visibility, we will be able to admire, apart from the Gulf of Naples, Circeo and Pontine islands.
During the stop on the peak, we will go deeper into some historical events connected to the Hermitage and the Church dedicated to Saint Nicholas.
On the Northern side of the mountain, you will observe the side of the island that due to an earthquake during 1883 was completely destroyed.
(From 789 to 690 m.a.s.l.) From the Hermitage, we will reach “Pietra dell’acqua” (water stone) the second highest peak of the Island, where you will admire a masterwork, made to collect and store rainwater.
(From 690 to 400 m.a.s.l.) Along the path we will show you the mountain endemic flora, comparing it to that growing along the coast, the blossoming during the different seasons including the medical plants, which were used by the hermits living in the Hermitage dug into the peak of the mountain.
We will reach a green tuff cliff, where the circular erosion of Taffoni created the ideal conditions for the nesting of Peregrine Falcon the fastest animal on Earth.
The path will lead us to penetrate a chestnut forest hiding an enigmatic village made of houses carved into rocks.
- Adults and children from 10 years old
- Walkers, trekking passionate
- Fitness and wellness lovers
- Passionate about biology, geology and botany
- Orienteering and path-finding passionate
- Birdwatching lovers
- Landscape photography lovers
Why choose it:
- You love walking into the wild
- You can discover medical and edible herbs
- You want to spot rare animals
- You love learning about old Hermits’ secrets and their way of living in peace and harmony with Mother Earth
- You are looking for a way to regenerate your body combining trekking and healthy life
Price per person
- Hiking guide
- Material for the activities
- Foraday Assistance
- Water; Comfortable shoes and clothing
- Binoculars (if available)
- Sunscreen and Sunglasses
The interaction between plants and animals, the adaptation and evolutions of the species are an invisible language which fascinated me so much since I was a child that I learnt to speak it.