During this tour, discover the streets and settings used by Elena Ferrante in her bestselling Neapolitan Novels: the different districts of Naples and their historic buildings, the islands of Ischia and Procida, and many more locations that create the atmosphere of the magnetic novels of this pseudonymous writer.
In the United States, the recent airing of “My Brilliant Friend” (L’Amica Geniale), a joint production of Italian and US media giants, has made Elena Ferrante’s work exceptionally popular. Courses based on her novels appear in University catalogs and each newly-released English translation makes people run to the bookstores.
“I couldn’t stop reading” is a phrase most often heard from Ferrante fans travelling to Campania to find the places mentioned in her books. In the eyes of the world, this mysterious author has become a new symbol of a romanticized Naples, a rediscovered Ischia and other places in the region.
Relive scenes and dialogue from Ferrante’s books on this tour and enjoy a fun, enriching creative writing workshop, while absorbing the ambience of Elena Ferrante’s world.
- Adults and children (from 10 yrs old)
- Those who love Elena Ferrante’s novels
- Passionate about history
Why choose it:
- You want to live a unique experience and be overwhelmed by Elena Ferrante’s world
- You wish to have an anthropological experience, melting with local structure
- You never missed one single novel of Elena Ferrante
Price per person
Tours can also be booked individually (price on request)
- Private car hire to reach Ferrante’s places
- Private local guide
- Visit to the Hospital of the Dolls
- Visit and workshop at an Artisan shoe shop, a pair of hand-made sandals
- Visit to a famous local writer in Procida
- Creative writing lesson
- Foraday Assistance
- Comfortable shoes and clothing
- Your travelling diary with pen
- Small backpack
I love Naples so much that I can not find a corner of this city that I have not visited yet and I'm ready to show you its most authentic identity!
As an anthropologist and a passionate about literature, I studied the books of Elena Ferrante finding in the character of the personages and places mentioned, the essence of the territory where I live.