On a fishing boat, together with Giovanni the local fisherman, you will sail towards a unique morning adventure in the water around the isle of Capri.
You will enjoy a complete boat tour around the island, during which you will admire the beauty of the land seen from the sea. Capri has a limestone origin and is divided from the mainland by a narrow channel and has numerous hills including its main hill called Anacapri.
The sea around the island is particularly deep, the limestone cliffs are very steep, jagged and rich of caves; the most famous is the Blue Grotto. The most striking and representative rocks are the famous “Faraglioni”, the guardians of the island.
Once arrived on the ideal spot for a fishing session, you will learn the basic aspects of traditional fishing. The shrimps fishing is carried out with creels that are lowered in the depth of the sea the day before and then pulled out with participants the following day. Your fisherman will share with you everything about the art of fishing, how to read what the wind and the currents write on the sea surface and how to turn these forces in your favour when fishing.
At the end of the fishing activity, Giovanni will give you part of the catch of the day, which will be cooked for you in a typical local restaurant. While tasting genuine fish and local wine the images of this early morning experience will appear again, making it hard to believe that what you lived was not a dream.
- You are patient
- You love the sea, fishing and sailing
- You have manual dexterity, sense of balance and adaptability
Why choose it:
- You want to learn about fishermen lifestyle
- You do not want to miss the beauty of the sunrise by the sea
- You want to learn a technique as old as the hill, together with every effort and satisfaction
Price per person
- Fishing boat
- Boat Tour around the island of Capri
- Fishing equipment
- Part of the caught cooked at a local restaurant paired with water and wine
- Foraday Assistance
- Comfortable clothing and shoes
- Spare outfit in case you get wet
I have learned how to fish from my grandfather and although I could have chosen more comfortable jobs in Capri, I have chosen to live connected to my roots.