Together with a local guide enter into the home of a local family. This family has lived all its life in Capri; they love to open their home to foreigners who would love to learn the recipes of the local tradition. You will be involved in the entire preparation starting from the first course to the dessert. The ingredients and the menu are entirely based on the culinary tradition of Capri cuisine and thanks to this hands-on experience you will learn the cooking traditions handed down through generations.
You will prepare the traditional: caprese salad; ravioli capresi; parmigiana di melanzane (aubergine); Caprese Salad and finally a delicious Caprese Cake with almond and chocolate.
Once the food will be ready you will gather around the table to have lunch all together; just like a typical Italian Sunday.
At the end of the cooking experience, together with the guide, you will start from home a “digestive walk” through the typical streets, to discover the beauties of the island of Capri.
- Keen on cooking, aspiring chef and foodies
- Anthropology lovers, researchers of ancient traditions and popular knowledge that were orally transferred
- Those who like manual works of precision
Why choose it:
- You want to learn local recipes to share with friends at home
- You want to experiment how to use new ingredients and explore a new range of tastes
Price per person
- English-speaking Guide
- Private Cooking lesson with a local family including all the ingredients
- Full lunch
- Guided walking tour of Capri
- Foraday Assistance
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
- Pen and Camera
The love I feel for my land, my family and local traditions, made me want to open the door of my home to share the beauty of these values with other people.